Planning to Paddle? Know Your Limits!
When getting ready to head out on your next paddling trip, be sure to keep these five safety tips in mind to ensure you have an enjoyable time on the water.
1. - whether it's a safety or skill development course, an ACA on-water instruction course provides the information you need for canoeing, kayaking, stand up paddleboarding, rafting or safety & rescue.
3. - Cold water is extremely dangerous! Learn more about protecting yourself in this environment
4. - What paddlers need to know when sharing the waterways
5. - Safety tips you need to consider the next time you head out on the water
In addition to the "Top Five" here are 5 more to round out the "Top Ten"!
6. - Key points on how to appropriately share, and enjoy our natural paddling resources
7. - Good things to contemplate before you leave shore
8. - The basics, just in case...
*If this information has been useful to you, consider the nation's oldest nonprofit paddlesports organization:
- Gold standard for paddlesports education and instruction
- Local, regional, and national conservation and stewardship initiatives
- Sponsorship of events and festivals across the country